Struggling to find us? Below you’ll find a Google Map, GPS coordinates and directions to help get you to us. Jump to each by clicking any of the links below:
Option 1: Self drive or rent a car. Please make use of the directions below as your GPS device might take you on dirt roads. Johannesburg is 425 km from Bushwise Safari lodge.
Option 2: There are flights available to Nelspruit airport – ¾ hour flight (KMIA = MQP). We will then pick you up/drop you off at the Nelspruit airport – a surcharge will apply.
Option 3: You can also make use of the Citybug ( www.citybug.co.za ) – a bus shuttle that transfer people from Johannesburg to Nelspruit – 3 hour drive – again, we will then be able to pick you up/drop you off at the bus depot in Nelspruit – a surcharge will apply. We are 100 km from Nelspruit (1.5 hour drive) but a very scenic drive indeed.
Option 4: If you need transfer from Maputo your best option will be to book the Intercape bus from Maputo to Komatipoort ( https://www.intercape.co.za/online-bus-tickets/book-now/ ). We will then collect you at Komatipoort – a surcharge will apply. (Visa needed).
Back to Top
Our GPS coordinates are as follows
E 31 47′ 28,8″
S 25 20′ 11,2″
Directions from Johannesburg/Nelspruit to Bushwise Safaris
Bushwise Safaris (City: Marloth Park) is on Google maps if you type it in your GPS.
However, we suggest you rather make use of the directions below, as your GPS might take you on gravel roads.
- We are about 425 km from the OR Tambo airport and 100 km from the Nelspruit airport.
- When leaving OR Tambo Airport follow the road signs onto the R21S towards Boksburg and then take the N12 freeway heading Eastwards towards eMalahleni.
- The N12 then joins the N4 freeway.
- Stay on the N4 as it bypasses the towns of eMalahleni , Middelburg and Nelspruit, then go straight through the town of Malelane heading towards Maputo.
- You will then bypass a small town called Hectorspruit (on the left of the N4). About 9 km after Hectorspruit you will see a sign that read Marloth Park, DON’t turn off here – it is a very bad dirt road. About 4 km further on take the Tenbosch turn-off to your left instead.
- Continue along this road for about 10 km until you reach the entrance gate into Marloth Park.
- About 3 km after you’ve entered Marloth Park, you will find a road sign on your left hand side that read Waterbok Street. Turn right into Waterbok street
- Continue for about 100m; then at the Y-junction, turn right into Swartwitpens street.
- Turn left into Njala street which is the first street preceding the Y-junction and continue for about 1 km until you see a T-junction with the river and Kruger Park in front of you.
- The entrance to our self catering unit is just before the entrance to Bushwise Safari lodge – both on your right. (About fifty meters before the T-junction).
We all here at Bushwise are looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to this lovely part of our beautiful country.
Drive safe and please do not hesitate to contact us, should you experience any difficulties along the way.
Tim and Annette
Cell no: +27 83 651 7464 or +27 82 323 8547